Posted on April 26th, 2009 in Advice, Affiliate Program, Clickbank, General, Membership Blueprints, PLR, PLR Club, Reports, Reselling, Strategies, Traffic Drill, Web Traffic | No Comments »
Finding a great internet marketing affiliate program is a daunting task. There are literally tens of thousands of internet marketing products available on the market, many of which have affiliate programs. So, how do you find the best one for your website or list?
The best internet marketing affiliate programs have the following characteristics:
* They track multiple sales. If you send a visitor to a merchant’s products, is your affiliate ID cookied (attached to that particular visitor) for future sales? A smart merchant will always follow up with visitors about upsells and offers, and you should be getting the credit for all of those sales.
* Sales are tracked for months, not days. Your affiliate tag on a customer shouldn’t expire for at least 30 days. Many merchants set a limit on how long a customer is “tagged” for, and if they purchase after this tag runs out, you no longer make any commissions from sales of that customer. The best internet marketing affiliate programs last for 60 days or more.
* You’re making a significant amount per sale. There’s no sense promoting a product if you’re not making at least $10 to $15 per sale. It’s barely worth your time. You should also be making at least 50% of the sale price. Some merchants offer 70% commissions or more.
* High conversion rates. If a product doesn’t convert, there’s no sense in promoting it. Also remember that lower priced products should convert much better than higher priced products. Track your numbers to make sure that you’re maximizing the value of each visitor you send.
* Pre-sales funnel built in. Many great internet marketing affiliate programs have a follow-up system built on that drastically increase conversion rates. This means more money in your pocket. It is also easier to promote these products because you’re offering “free content” to your website or list, not a sales pitch.
* Recurring commissions. Only a small percentage of programs out there offer recurring commissions, but getting customers into a recurring billing membership is invaluable because many customers will pay you for years to come, month after month. However, conversion rates for memberships are typically lower. Be sure to track your results carefully!
The Rhodes Brothers Affiliate Program offers multiple product affiliate tracking, high conversion rates, and pre-sales funnels ready to sell YOUR website customers or list. Click here to check it out.
Don’t have a website or a list yet? Check out my make money online post to get a step-by-step plan to make your first $1,000 online. (It’s 100% free.)