Posted on May 4th, 2009 in Advice, Clickbank, Really Simple Method, Web Traffic | 4 Comments »
My brother wrote a very clear step-by-step guide about how to make money online. When I first saw it, I thought it was awesome. However, I’m thinking that it needs some love.
My brother’s step-by-step plan to make money is powerful but it’s scary because it is long. I want to remove any fear, right here and right now.
If you want to make extra money online you do not need to build an entire empire. You do not need a big system, you do not need special software and you don’t even need seed money. In fact, you should start small. Start by making some extra cash online.
I’m going to show you how simple his plan really is…
1. Pick a topic.
2. Set up a blog.
3. Post great content.
4. Set up backlinks.
5. Get traffic, make money.
That’s really all there is to it. It’s very straightforward. What matters is that you execute each step with effort and passion.
You also need to have a clear vision. Don’t just try to make extra money online. Instead, plan to make money and pay off your credit card debt. Or, invest the extra cash in a small business, or grow your little online business into a bigger business. They key is that you have a plan for the money.
Let’s look at each piece of the plan quickly. Again, I want to keep this simple.
1. Pick a topic. You just need some place to start. Most people get stuck right at this step. They simply don’t take action. They just keep reading and thinking. Stop researching and start taking action right now.
2. Set up a blog. This is very, very simple. Don’t let the technology scare you. Simply head over to Blogger or WordPress and set up your blog for free. It’s very, very easy. If you get stuck, experiment a little. Or, do some research and fix the problem. You CAN do it. Millions of people have done this so you’re not alone.
3. Post great content. Some folks will pick a topic and set up a blog, but they will never post ANY content to it. This is silly. You’re so close to success at this point. You just need to start posting content to build up your blog. That valuable content will attract attention and links. That means traffic to your web site. Making extra money isn’t far off.
4. Set up backlinks. You can build backlinks in a million ways. Personally, I think investing a few bucks in Easy Backlink Builder is the way to go. If you’re not ready to invest any money you can simply find blogs in your niche and start posting great content, with a link back to your site. Or, you can post in forums in your niche. This is easy, fast, and fun. It grows your business too.
5. Get traffic, make money. The traffic will start to flow. If you do the work, people will start to find you. It does happen. You’ll want to slap some Adsense on your site or visit Clickbank and get some affiliate links on your blog. There are better ways to make money online but this will get your started.
Two more tips…
First, be sure that you install some sort of web traffic analysis tool such as Google Analytics. You want to measure and test what you’re doing. The only way is with data.
Second, be sure to grow and evolve. You will make mistakes and you will get down from time to time. But, if you stick to it, you’ll start making money. Before long you can make a lot of money online just following the simple tips above.
If you’re looking for more great advice like this you might want to take a look at the Really Simple Method. I promise to give you something more advanced than what I’ve explained above. It’ll move you to the next level.